Sunday, June 14, 2009

Fun Late-Night Activities: Factchecking Deadspin


I would post this in the comments on Deadspin but, well, I can't.

We have here a weekend post about crazy footysoccer. A little bit of the Google would've revealed that it's not Bayern Munich, but Cologne v. Dulsberg. And the video is from 2005. The best response I've got is that it makes me thankful that Lingering Bursitis had the good sense to bring all of us loons together to create UF.

Anyway, don't forget that our liveblog action of the Confederations Cup starts on Sunday. The NY Kid has South Africa v. Iraq (9:55 am EST) and I've got Spain v. New Zealand (2:25 pm EST). We'll be liveblogging the rest of the matches as well.

6 comments:

BackBergtt said...

When I saw that earlier and read 'footysoccer' I just had a feeling it might come up over here.

idk, personally I'd prefer writers/sites/imams that hate or know nothing about a sport just don't bother talking about it.

BackBergtt said...

Also, when I wake up at nine (okay, one) I fully expect Soccernet to have a huge story on this horseshit 'SAF to bid for Torres!' story the Express is perpetuating. Fucking English media.

jjf3 said...

I hadn't checked on DS in 3 or 4 days, and for some reason last night I checked it. And saw this story. Au revoir, DS...

Suss said...

I mean no harm, guys. The link sent to me had said the team was "FC Bayern Munchen," so I didn't just pull a name out of my ass.

How'd you like my other soccer post later that day?

Spectator said...

@Suss: No worries at all. But you better not make it a habit of apologizing -- us football supporters are a mighty sensitive bunch who take offense at the smallest of slights!

BackBergtt said...

Colon Blow ftw!