Thursday, July 24, 2008

Quitting so soon?

Fabio previews 'retirement'.


News this afternoon from new England Coach Fabio Capello. England will be his last job as a coach and he is retiring when his contract is up in 4 years. Good to see he has his mind on the job at hand and not on a beach holding a cocktail.

England fans shouldn't panic yet though....

"I would like to end my career having made an impact at a World Cup."
- Fabio Capello.

Well that's good news. I seem to remember Graham Taylor saying something similar, although I am sure Wolves and Villa fans would have wanted Taylor to retire after being England manager also.



It does seem a little odd that Fabio should even bring this up at this time just as he embarks on a long campaign to qualify for the World Cup in 2010. A world cup in which (according to the F.A) England are expected to make the semi's. Of course we will then lose on penalties and half the squad will wait at least a month before signing on to do a Pizza Hut commercial.


Pizza Pillock. Southgate chows down after penalty miss.


I would just like to announce I will be retiring in 2035.


-Bigus

5 comments:

Email us at said...

To be fair, Taylor took the second term at Villa because Deadly Doug wanted to tighten the purse strings, and no one wanted the job at the time. Taylor did it asa favor to his old club.

Autoglass said...

Well, England's last qualifier is October 14, 2009. That means he can retire in a scant 15 months!

ka-ZING!

Autoglass said...

Seriously, I think England will qualify. I don't think they'll make the Semis. Top Eight is their ceiling to my mind.

BackBergtt said...

this is going to be the easiest kilo i ever made

Bigus Dickus said...

Righhhhhht....