Thursday, July 16, 2009

Samuel L. wants to keep his possessions



There are plenty of celebrity soccer fans, and plenty more to come, but last night's ESPYs saw the world's finest loud-voiced, over-the-top actor pledging his allegiance to the Red Scouse.

Though it might stop his house from getting burgled, it'll never be able to stop that shark.

Samuel L. picked up the LFC bug back in 2001 while filming so-so crime flick The 51st State, a movie in which his character goes to a Liverpool/Man U tilt at Anfield.



Ever since, he's been an avid follower, and decided to show his pride on the red carpet for ESPN and the paparazzi, although he's not often understood by his Hollywood pals: "I put my Liverpool gear on every now and again, and people say '"what the hell is that?"'

I thought Becks had fixed this problem! Poor Sam.

7 comments:

BackBergtt said...

So we have Samuel L Jackson and James Bond. Everton has Paul McCartney and his alimony payments. We win.

I saw Formula 51 (the title here I think) two years ago with no idea it was set in Liverpool, and when the dude pulled out a Fowler shirt I lost my shit in excitement. My roommate was very, very, confused.

Teeknuts said...

Not to mention that makes 2 Jedi Knights.

Anonymous said...

West Ham have Ray Winstone, Barack Obama, Keira Knightly, and me!

Goat said...

I'll still take Steve Earle over everyone else.

The Fan's Attic said...

We figured with you commenting, PR, there would be plenty.

I clicked on the Daily Mail link and there is a picture of the reverse side of the shirt with "Jackson" on it. Douche-move.

Bigus Dickus said...

@Hadly,

Stay tuned sir....

Anonymous said...

@ Bigus - I'm a little frightened. Be nice to me, I'm semi-new here.

There are more, of course.