Friday, July 18, 2008

This is why soccer has no chance in the U.S of A


[Ed. Update: once you've finally calmed down from watching the video below, check out this vid that captures an earlier incarnation of the Radnich/soccer insanity. He loves Posh Spice, and Freddy Adu. H/T to The Offside Rules]


In a moment you are going to watch the video clip below from KRON in San Jose. The clip features KRON's resident sports guy in a segment called "The World according to Gary".

For those who aren't aware, Gary's world is a place that no one should find themselves in. It is a world of stupidity, overseen by jolly old Gary, A guy who could not be bothered to do his homework before he interviewed San Jose's newest import and ex-Norwich player Darren Huckerby. This turnip lets KRON's viewers know just how much he thinks of the football and the Earthquakes as he wastes Darren's time with stupid and irrelevant questions.

Gary then shows his viewers "the greatest goal ever" which Darren scored in 1996 against Manchester United. What he is actually watching is a super goal Hucks scored against Birmingham 2 years ago. He lets the viewers know that it's the second best goal he has ever seen... clearly the first being the ONLY other goal he has seen.

Gary then calls Darren 'Derek' and digs deep into his extensive knowledge of the game to find out what Hucks thinks of Posh Spice.

It's no wonder people in the U.S are failing to connect with the MLS when the game is being shown so little respect and effort by soft heads like Gary Radnich, imbeciles who actually have access to players and an audience!

People like Gary who cannot be bothered to do their homework are not bringing the game any credibility!



Cringe-worthy, I know! Well Bigus wants to apologize to Darren for having been subjected to such a half-wit, and hopefully Bigus will get his chance to do so. Stand by for news on that.

One thing is for sure, I will ask him some relevant and interesting questions that do not involve Posh Spice or Freddy Adu.


-Bigus

9 comments:

Autoglass said...

Holy Christ. It is days like today that make me ashamed to be an American football supporter. Bigus, please apologize to Darren for us all. Jaw dropping.

King Garry I Of Swandanavia said...

Apparently, a "Rolandinho" has signed for AC Milan. I knew Milan were chasing Ronaldinho, but this other guy must be fresh out of the slums of Brazil. No-one has ever heard of him before.

He mentions it somewhere around the 3:45s mark.

The fool.

Kopper said...

Pulled from Gary Radnich's Website:
*******
Look at me and look at me good!

Today I am a legend in Bay Area sports lore for keeping it real on both KNBR The Sports Leader and KRON Television. Please dont e-mail me because I dont do e-mail and I dont have a cell phone. If you have a comment about me send it to Glenn Dickey dot com; I hear he has a great website.
********
Perhaps we should e-mail Glen Dickey, a sports columnist for the SF Examiner. Maybe he can let Gary know what a hack he is....

glenndickey@hotmail.com

Bigus Dickus said...

Kopper has actually sent an email to him..I mean to his mate as he doesn't have email!! I smell a follow up!

Justine said...

I love that his show is called The WORLD according to Gary. It should have the tagline: and by world I mean California. And by California I mean The Bay Area. Ok I'm actually writing this from a life raft out in the Pacific. Send help.

The NY Kid said...

This interview made baby Jesus cry there was so damned much wrong with it.

Kubby said...

My goodness! Just when you think you have seen it all this piece of crap murders the interview with the likes of: Norfolk; Manchester United (Birmingham); Derek; etc. Good luck to Huckery with the Earthquakes and for having to put up with this douchebag!

Kubby said...

My goodness! Just when you think you have seen it all this piece of crap murders the interview with the likes of: Norfolk; Manchester United (Birmingham); Derek; etc. Good luck to Huckery with the Earthquakes and for having to put up with this douchebag!

MP said...

I'm in San Jose at the moment, and as a Canary I am so mad -I've mailed this fool to at least ask him to get his geography right... I don't drive to the North East on England to watch a home game for a start.