Thursday, July 17, 2008

An Update: Cuauhtemoc Blanco

Remember last week when we pleaded for our readers to find the video of the Cuauhtemoc Blanco incident in the US Open Cup against D.C. United? No. I didn't think so, because none of you wankers sent us anything.

Anyway, after MLS improperly made a copyright claim on a Youtube video of the incident, the league has relented and allowed the video back up. This despite my conversation with a PR hack said that there were no plans to release it and that MLS owned the rights to all of its teams and images thereof and then told me to ask US Soccer whether they were going to release the video. Huh? That's what I said.

Here's the video with Blanco in all his cheap-, gut-shot glory. Doesn't he know how Harry Houdini died?

5 comments:

Spectator said...

Today is Pile On MLS day! Too bad they make such an easy target.

Goat said...

It appears that Clyde Simms is also a rather easy target.

ΓΌ75 said...

2 things

1. That foul on Moreno looks horrendous.

2. I want to see the headbutt on the United official who was in charge of making sure Blanco left the pitch.

The Fan's Attic said...

@u75:

agreed. that was an awful tackle. i wonder if USSF will release the Blanco footage it received from DC United?

Goat said...

I read somewhere (here?) that DC police saw nothing untoward as Blanco was escorted from the field. I doubt they would say so if something did, in fact, happen as I'm sure that the police wouldn't hesitate to arrest a Mexican on trumped up charges.