Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Tuesday Backpasses: Backlinks ahoy

Thanks for the kind words in the birthday threads. I would personally like to thank jjf3 for beginning to follow Aberdeen. The season turned around when he threw a look their way. Anyway, it's our birthday, and since Bigus failed to put in an Aberdeen badge in his work earlier today, I'm putting one with this post.

Nicklas Bendtner wants out at Emirates. Okay, say Gooners everywhere [Guardian]
This is what you car looks like when you run it off a bridge [The Offside]
I knew the number was this high, and it's why I asked this question. Still, it's startling how many Brazilians move abroad to play every year. American parents, get your kids playing futsal as soon as possible [SI]

And, finally:
Kevin McCarra takes Arsene to task, and not without reason [Guardian]

9 comments:

EbullientFatalist said...

A few thoughts:

1. McCarra is spot on. Good insight; there was always a player-core at Arsenal, and that core is gone. Needs to be re-established quickly.

2. Arsenal = London Young Boys

3. "Doubt" could've been filmed at Emirates and nothing would've been lost.

4. Lagavulin is a phenomenal scotch.

Kopper said...

Thought I'd let you know that as long as Rangers don't win the SPL title, Aberdeen is as good as any to root for. I've been an Aberdeen lurker for some time and they have had a great run of form as of late. Hope they keep it up.

phil said...

Andrew, I would drown myself in Lagavulin 16 YO , if only I could afford it. Very tasty.

phil said...

Also, if we're getting rid of do-nothing forwards from the continent, Spurs would like to sell Pavlyohwhatsit. I believe the asking price is a sixer of High Life and a thermos of Bovril.

Jim Hendry said...

Phil -- looks like we all have strikers we'd love to get rid of! I do take some solace that you used the Keane money to buy a slightly cheaper Russian equivalent.

phil said...

Pavs is Keane's equivalent if you discount craft, pace, and guile. I'd take Keane any day over the Russian. I can't begin to express how disappointed I am over the Pavs signing. Wandy panicked because he couldn't wait to chase off Defoe, then got stymied on the Arshavin deal, found himself with nary a striker and bought the second coming of Karel Poborsky.

Precious Roy said...

Sure dump Bendtner, we've already got his non-Union Mexican replacement on the squad in Vela.

MoonshineMike said...

Wegner likes the cheaper immigrants?

BackBergtt said...

Schindler and I are peas in a pod! We're both factory owners! We both made shells for the Nazis ... but mine worked damnit!