Friday, February 27, 2009

Friday Backpasses: His Girl Friday

Well, that's another week of UF in the books. Some of us are now partying it up in England, some of us are traveling stateside, some of us are sitting on our sofa. Tonight's backpasses are brought to you by yours truly, filling in for the very able ü75....

Some funny and interesting moments from FIFA 09. [The Offside]
Spot the Englishman, but no fair peeking at the comments! (Even though we all had to) [World Cup Blog]
Arsenal win!!! (the Ladies League Cup) [Yahoo]
Fred has left the building [Soccernet]

USA to lose another player to dual citizenship? [Soccer by Ives]
Is there a viable alternative to the away goals rule? [SI]
FC Dallas adds some firepower to training [The Offside Rules]
UEFA says that Liverpool are the bestest team in Europe. [Caught Offside]
Puerto Rico Islanders become the second USL side to win the first knockout match in the CCL. [Soccernet]
The Seattle Sounders are doing pretty well locally [The Offside Rules]

And finally, happy birthday Arseblog! We love the way you use the c-word as an adjective! [Arseblog]

4 comments:

jjf3 said...

I don't even know what I think any more, Adam, and I'm coming off a 3-7 week. So here's goes nothing, and probably a 7-1...and we've both got a mid-week schedule to pick on Monday night (ugh).

Everton 2-0 WBA
Boro 1-2 Liverpool
Arsenal 2-1 Fulham
Spartak London 2-0 Wigan Athletic
Hull City 1-2 Blackburn Rovers (I hope/wish/pray)
WHU 1-2 Citeh (Bellamy's the kind of guy to actually show up for this game...)
SFB 1-1 Joe Fuckin Newcastle (can I punt this game?)
Aston Villa 3-0 Stoke City

And for shits and giggles:
ManUre 1-2 Spurs (probably 1-1 after time, then Spurs get one via either ET or PK's)

jjf3 said...

Apologies, Adam, didn't realize you'd posted your picks a few hours ago...but I had a long day, and couldn't check your sight until late...

Adam said...

I had every intention of posting mine here, and then I got drunk. But yeah, I'm impressed that you picked the bonus CC game too. Also impressed that our picks were pretty similar, great minds think alike don't they...

jjf3 said...

yeah, if only "great minds" and "EPL predictions" had anything to do with one another!!!

I knew I was hitting the limit when I posted mine (I was an hour later than I should have been - Friday night is my time to "decompress", ie, not give a shit about anyone else), but that's probably also why I went with Spurs in the ET - getting a little creative just to do so...

Nothing like Arse and Pool both crashing into a brick wall at the same time...(and I am now fearing my Blackburn will do the same tomorrow, just because...)