Monday, June 8, 2009

UF Mobile

No, we are not introducing an ill-fated foray into the cellular market like ESPN. Rather, we are just a group of immature men that like puerile humor.

With that said, because UF likes to keep its readers at the forefront of technology with our constant stream of information about the latest developments like...uh...well...twitter, facebook, and...uh...iphones!!! yes, iphones.

It was with bated breath UF awaited the new iphone announcement and was following the Gizmodo liveblog with iboners that the following from the Apple Development Conference caught our eye:




Ivanschitz!!! hhahhahah. lolz.

Apple was demonstrating the great gaming capabilities of its signature product when this photo popped up. I don't have an iphone so I can't vouch for its greatness, but I sure got a kick out of the Ivanschitz label indicating the Austrian midfielder on the soccer iphone game.

UF--where to get all of the latest soccer related technology news.

3 comments:

jjf3 said...

I'm going to throw this out there for your vivisection or enjoyment, either way...

The US is finally reaching a tipping-point with regards to footie.

Tonight I can go to 3 major sports outlets on the internet (ESPN, Fox, and SI), and on their front page, each one lists the Kaka move to Madrid as one of its top 10-20 stories. No, its not the "lead" story. But this is not a result, not a championship being decided - its a transfer. The equivalent of a trade or free agent signing in typical US terms...and its front page material on 3 pretty big websites devoted to US sports. And its a deal that doesn't involve any US teams (not Beckham redux).

I'm not arguing the sport is there yet in the MSM, but the day is coming.

Feel free to shoot away, MG :)

BackBergtt said...

There's a typo in the ESPN headline.


... that's all I've got, don't feel like getting into this again, sober.

jjf3 said...

No problem MG. I'm not, which is probably why I posted this...but I do think things are changing. How fast or slow, I have no real feel for...