Tuesday, June 2, 2009

I'm baaaack!


Had TFA not had a torn MCL, this would have been him on vacation.


I have returned from my self-imposed exile on the isle of in Puerto Vallarta. Because I know you care, it was lovely, warm, and full of booze and good eats. I am swine flu free and clearly the banditos did not kidnap me. All in all, a successful vacation.

I was off the internet grid, but had the hotel TV. Thankfully, there was plenty of soccer on Mexican television, but it was in a language I do not know. It was incredible to flip on the tube and see a primetime talk show on what seemed to be major channels talking futbol. Games were plentiful on the tube, except they were mostly Mexican league games. At one point I watched highlights of a game that looked like it was played on a high school but not as well attended as a high school game.

I had no trouble finding a place to watch the CL Final, I just had to walk down to the hotel bar by the pool where people were congregated. I just hope soccer news hasn't gone on summer holiday like it seems to have done in the past couple weeks.

I even saw a local youth club practicing on the beach one evening.

After the jump, scope out some more beach soccer with some fine talent. Be forewarned it is NSFWish.



3 comments:

Jacob said...

Welcome back

jjf3 said...

TFA: props to you for getting a photo of that kind of talent. (presuming the spouse was around at some point)

(Or stealing one I hadn't seen before from wherever...)

The Fan's Attic said...

stolen...just GIS "beach soccer".