Friday, April 17, 2009

Friday Backpasses: Stick to the crosswords

Not a whole lot today. Football news has taken the week off (much like I have, sorry).

Update from Spectator: Some late news actually... Stevie G out at least a week and will miss matches against Arsenal and likely Hull [Guardian]

He may be 35, but he's good enough for "(I prefer) Maradona. Diego Maradona. From Argentina." [USA Today]
What UCL on Fox might look like [NYT Goal]
Thiago Neves is a jackass (best view about 1:35) [Off The Post]

New Chelsea shirts are ugly [ONTD]
Want a gift pack of the new England shirt? (no thanks) [Football Fashion]

Finally:
Green Street Hooligans 2 is coming! Get ready [Run of Play]

4 comments:

jjf3 said...

RE: Spartak shirts: that may be the worst threesome I've ever seen. Of any kind. And those "breast-plates"/extended shoulder pads are horrific. (and I actually kind of like the 3rd shirt hoops, minus the yellow)

Fugly all-around.

If I run a team with a deal with Adidas, I kill it NOW...

bergkampesdios said...

I know it's late notice, but can anyone help out with a place to watch the Chelsea/Arsenal game tomorrow in Chicago, preferably close to the Ukrainian Village?

BackBergtt said...

I thought there was a rule that you could only change your home kit every other year?

EbullientFatalist said...

I like the second kit, sans the breastplates. even the third kit with hoops ain't horrible, but is purple and black really necessary?