Friday, March 21, 2008

I'm Not Sure I'll Be Able to Stomach Watching

Dear Baby Jesus
Help Grant field a shite Blues side
The Gunners need points


Okay, so it's not exactly the most eloquent haiku, and aren't most Japanese Shintoists to begin with? So I'm not sure the form of the plea will even please the Baby Jesus, but I'm completely at my wits fucking end.

Four straight draws in four winnable matches dating back to the Eduardo injury. Adebayor hasn't done dick since his new haircut. And while poor officiating seems to be a staple of this EPL, the refs certainly haven't erred in the favor of Arsenal as of late. And shit if somehow Chelski isn't able to pull into second place with a win at Stamford Bridge where they haven't lost since, well, since Jesus last roamed the planet.

So hopefully the overmatched Grant will again field a side without Joe Cole and Michael Ballack. Maybe he'll experiment with a revolutionary 4-6-0. I don't know and I don't care how it happens. I just want more than anything, even World fucking Peace, for the Gunners to break the Blues home winning streak not for the sake of ending the streak but because without the three points, the Gunners are dead in the EPL title chase.

Of course the thing I want second most in the world is a Liverpool win. Although I shouldn't say that lest the folks around here get the wrong idea. Still, I'm totally okay if Torres justifies my love man crush.

Here's what happens this weekend.

1-0
0-1
0-1
0-0
3-2 (This might be a Jermaine Defoe hatty Ed. Note: Defoe can't play against Spurs due to an arcane new EPL rule.)
2-0
0-2
2-1
2-2
0-1


No comments: