Wednesday, March 19, 2008

The Good, The Bad, The WTF


I'm sure you would be very welcome to wear this at Parkhead.

Don't say I never do anything nice for you. Not only do I bring you some of the best worst shirts you will ever see, I also sometimes provide you with an eBay link to go purchase it yourself. This week's horror show, in honor of their failure in front of net against Aberdeen yesterday, is Celtic's away shirt from '89-'91.



Sometimes I just don't know where to begin. I guess the color scheme is as good as any. It's not that this is yellow and green together. I like yellow and green together, ask my wife. But it has to be a strong yellow and a darker green. This is some namby-pamby yellow mixed with a lighter green. It makes me think of scrambled eggs with some parsley mixed in. Good for breakfast, but not to wear around all day.

Then there is the pattern. I understand the impetus of the late '80s and early '90s to get away from what had been cookie-cutter, boring shirts. But let's pick one idea and run with it. Either go with the thin stripes or the chevron thingies. Using both is akin to a local artist who adorns her beautiful painted canvas with a mess of papier-mâché. I understand that you have multiple, great ideas. Take the time to flesh them out separately, please. Thank you.

If I have sold you on this shirt, follow this link. Right now, you can import this beauty to the USA for under $25. Hurry, though, you only have about a day left to pick it up.

No comments: