Tuesday, November 18, 2008

"SAF" Stands For "Sit A Few (Out)"



It's hard to type when your gut-busting laugh ruptures your own spleen, so I'll just quote the folks at the Guardian's Fiver:

"Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson has been given a two-match touchline ban and a £10,000 fine by the Football Association following his row with referee Mike Dean after United's 4-3 Premier League win over Hull on November 1."

Okay, before I drag myself off to the ER, let me direct you toward the botton of the same page (link good for today only as it's a daily update). Under the "Rumor Mill" is this little bit of tid: "Arsène Wenger is hoping to sign Spain Under-17 captain Koko Resurreccion in time for next year's Euro Vase campaign."

Forgive my lack of knowledge with the Spanish youth team, but that name sounds totally made up, like worse than Chest Rockwell made up. But if that is an actual player, holy shit, that might be the greatest name in the history of everything.

Anyway, suck it Sir Alex. This is long overdue, your charges are on the beneficial side of the vast majority of dodgy refereeing decisions but you still whinge more than any other manager in the PL. Well, now you've got some time to take out T-C-P.

6 comments:

Goat said...

It's just ManU against the world.

Precious Roy said...

Mike, I did the same search... and got the same nothing. I so want it to be true, if not I'm totally naming my alter ego DJ Koko Resurreccion and starting a cult.

Email us at said...

with wireless technology what it is, what's the point of a touchline ban? Presumably, SAF can still be on the phone with or constantly text his deputy, and still gets access to the dressing room before each half, yes? So that really only delays his decisions by 20 seconds or so.

jjf3 said...

still not totally sure he exists, though it seems likely - the name is Koke Resurreccion - not as good as Koko, but still a fun one...

Precious Roy said...

Koke it is, jjf. Seems like he exists if you use the Google with that name instead of 'Koko.' But no, not as cool.

jjf3 said...

Let me know if you pass on the DJ Koko Resurreccion name - I like it, even if I'm not sure I have a use for it...