Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Brothas, Arabs, and Mancunians... Can't We All Just Get Along?

Well, while the soccer world is still trying to unpack the short and long term impact of Abu Dhabi United Group's purchase of Man City, we might have lost sight of the other side of the coin.

The Emirates wealth is almost entirely based on oil. For every $1 increase in the cost of a barrel of oil, the Emirates makes an additional $500 million per day. Don't ask me to source that as I'm going from memory of something I came across last night and can't find again. So, even if it's not numerically accurate the casual chain remains: the price of oil goes up -> Man City buys another world class player.

And who is footing the bill? This is the other side of the coin I alluded to above.

It ain't P. Diddy. Not no more it ain't. The rap mogul has given up flying his private jet, which he had been relying on for his coast-to-coast jaunts as he bootstarps his fledgling acting career, because of the rising costs of jet fuel. The trips are costing the rapper "like $200,000, $250,00 round trip."

Can you believe this, I'm actually flying commercial! Gas prices are too motherfuckin' high. I want to give a shout-out to all my Saudi Arabian brothers and sisters and all my brothers and sisters from all the countries that have oil. If y'all could please send me some oil for my jet, I would truly appreciate it.


Damn straight. but you'd think someone smart enough to amass about $400 million in personal wealth might be smart enough to figure out that the wiser move might be to give up acting.

The quote was originally pulled from a youtube vid but is making the rounds in MSM print (my youtubing skills are currently at a 'tard' level, so if someone else can dig them up...). Apropos nothing, I feel I should add that when I first typed the html for the above, I originally spelled out "blackquote" instead of "blockquote." P. Diddy is black. And Black as Man City is now loaded.

Anyway, Citeh might start flashing ridiculous cash, but you ain't playin' Diddy for no sucka.

Yeah, I can't even type ethnic. Sorry.

4 comments:

EbullientFatalist said...

I'm still kinda shocked Robinho now plays for Citeh. Should I not be?

Precious Roy said...

No, you should be. But they're getting a quorum of Brazilians. Jo, Elano, Robinho... okay only 3.

Bigus Dickus said...

I am not impressed. Norwich signed Sibierskinio.

How about that Manchester?

jjf3 said...

I'm drunk enough to truly appreciate "Sibeirskinio".

Beautiful work there...