Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Not to Be Outdone by the Worst Photoshop Ever.... It's the Worst Headline Ever

I do realize that British tabloids are inherently crap, but, truly, two days of mind-numbing stupidity in a row? Yesterday it was the worst photoshop ever, courtesy of the Daily Mirror.

Today it's the worst headline ever, courtesy of the Daily Star (no relation)...


JOEY SET TO PLAY A BIT BART IF FIT


Okay, I get that this is about how Joey Barton is now available for Newcastle, but what the hell does this headline mean? Every time I look at it I think I see "FART" and "BARF." But beyond that, this headline simply makes no sense. It's as though the pun machine was malfunctioning or something. Put it this way, I know that we in our collective wisdom could do much, much, much better.

3 comments:

jape said...

I am guessing they meant to print "A BIT PART IF FIT"?

Jacob said...

Oh no, they printed exactly what they wanted to. You see, the lad's last name is Barton, and. . . .

Spectator said...

I think that old adage about a million monkeys with a million typewriters was created to describe British tabloids.