Friday, July 4, 2008

UF at rest


Yep, just another day around here in UF towers. My roommate tells me something about this "Fourth of July" thing, which is still rather ambiguous to me. Something about the USA kicking my homeland right in the pants en route to independence?

I won't lie, it still hurts, although not as much as when Michael Owen fled Anfield for sunny Spain. Bastard. Karma may have paid him back with a string of difficult injuries, but I digress.

I think we're all taking a rest for a couple of days, to recharge and refresh after a mad month. Euro 2008 was a phenomenal tournament, when it's all said and done, and it's been a while since a major international soccer event has been so exciting. The quicker I try to forget Germany '06, the better.

We have to thank you all again for giving us independence from boring office jobs and the blog where we infested the comments section with our futbol chat, struggling to get away from the "soc-cer?" remarks from the less fortunate.

You are all making UF the place to be, and we're eternally grateful. (what, two thank yous in a matter of weeks? Does this make us Will Leitch? Has his midwestern humility touched us all?)

Enjoy the respite from jobs and life, down a thousand beers and eat a million chunks of char-broiled animal flesh.

We might well have some material over the weekend, but failing that, we'll see you Monday.

Now if you'll excuse me... I'm off to watch the Nathan's hot dog eating contest. This country truly is a wonderful place.

After the jump, a couple of LFC videos, because I simply couldn't resist.






3 comments:

BackBergtt said...

a few things

1) dossena looks absurdly good crossing the ball, im pretty pumped about this signing

2) PA liquor stores are closed on one of the drinkingest days of the year. fuckers

3) even when it was the bears, i knew it was the immigrants

MoonshineMike said...

Curses Lingering Bursitis!

The NY Kid said...

Liverpool? Never heard of 'em.