Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Reinforcing Stereotypes

Manchester City striker Rolando Bianchi is endearing himself to his club, teammates and its supporters. Bianchi was one of the many summer signings of new Citeh manager Sven-Goran Eriksson and has had a recent run of good form scoring three goals in the last five premiership matches. The italian striker has great ambitions for this season:

'I hope to score at least 10 goals and I want to win a place in the next Champions League with City. It would be like winning the championship,' he said in an interview published in La Gazzetta dello Sport on Friday.

'I want to become a European top scorer. After the 18 goals I scored with (Serie A side) Reggina, I want to reach double figures in the Premier League too.

Hey, a man's got to have goals and should be a solid contributor for Citeh. But wait...what's that, Rolando? You have additional thoughts?

'Then I'll pack my bags again and go in search of new adventures. I'd like to wear the shirt of Atletico Madrid and score 15 goals in the Primera Liga too.'
He's a regular soccer nomad. And, opinions on England? Do tell.

'I have raised the white flag with English food. I don't like it,' he said. 'I think I'm the only teetotal player in the Premier League. My team mates were surprised when I refused a beer. They looked at me as if I were an alien.'
I'm not one to perpetuate stereotypes, but, this is the first time I have ever agreed with loud, hand-gesticulating, grease-ball spaghetti-bender. English food is terrible and all Premier League players are drunks. Look at George Best. I'm glad someone is finally willing to step up and tell the truth. Now, only if England can do something about those damn foreigners in the Premier League.

1 comment:

Ian said...

I don't know if anyone watches EPL fanzone. But they had a broadcast of the Pool/City match a day or two ago, and the Liverpool guy kept calling Bianchi the Italian Stallion.